Monday, September 30, 2013

Parent/ Alummni Weekend



This past weekend was Parent and Alumni Weekend at Rockhurst. My mom, sister, niece, and boyfriend all got to come up for a few days to hang out and see everything. It was also really convenient that my mom's birthday happened to fall on Friday because it just gave them all an even bigger excuse to come visit.
Before they arrived I went to “Rockfest” with some of my friends. “Rockfest” is a carnival of sorts that Rockhurst put on for the students and their families. I skinned my knee while doing an inflatable obstacle course, got my face painted, shoved 4 girls into a tiny photo booth, and did the ChaCha Slide with a bunch of little kids. It was tons of fun. The carnival was going on at the same time as the soccer game. We won by a whopping 2 points. I used to be a referee and if you ask my professional opinion, the refs were being pretty easy on us but who am I to judge. Plus, we won!
My family got in super late on Friday so all the girls went to their hotel while my boyfriend and I watched “Easy A” in the basement of Corcoran with some of my friends. It was a nice chance for him to actually start to know my new friends. I obviously talk about them all the time, but that doesn’t mean he has faces to put with the names I mention. It was also pretty funny because everyone knew who he was the second he walked in the door so he was always met with funny faces and hollering.
Over Saturday and Sunday my family and I spent about half of our time on and off campus. We ate in the Cafeteria, went to Legoland, sat in the secret garden, and almost soiled our pants at the Beast (a local haunted house). If you have any younger siblings or cousins that come to visit, I would highly recommend a visit to Legoland. You must have a child with you to get in but it is fun any and all ages. It is also connected to a mall with a candy shop that sells some killer chocolate covered strawberries. All-in-all the weekend was a hit and I can’t wait to have them come back again for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment